I am Dreamer

My photo
tomorrow is, tomorrow was, tomorrow will forever be. Hope exists, when you believe it's existence.

Monday, April 18, 2011

i will wait for you

o romeo,o romeo...wherefore art thou romeo?
hmmph...honestly i bet half the women in the world that are in the midst of being courted...or even wanting to be pursued by the person that she would love entirely...are all wishing hard to the twinkling stars at every starry night there is...

is it true that there is our romeo is somewhere out there?


l'espoir est ale d'un rêveur
(hope is a dreamer's ale)
and that is certainly and should be....the statement of the century...

but what if we did manage to find our "knight in shining armour"?
and yet...we let him slip away?
well...this is one perfect example of what happens when you're prince charming isn't looking at you as his cinderella...

it was a beautiful summer morning...the birds are chirping a wonderful melody waking all those who are still asleep and spreading joy to the neighbourhood....the sun was just perfectly forgiving...

it seemed to be going lovely...
since it is summer...mes parents had enrolled me in this literature class that i had been promised since my last birthday...

today is the day! the day that i have been waiting for...
since father is stationed to verona for the whole summer...
i had to go to the class by public transport;...in this case...i chose to ride the bus...

in there as i stepped in...the seats were all full...except for one...
the one next to some weird-looking kid...he got this raven black hair that sweeps over his left eye mysteriously, a curved up smile that looks more like a frown if you ask me...
at first, i hesitated myself from even coming closer to that peculiar being...
sooner than i thought my legs cramped and without a choice...i just had to take that seat...
he didn't seem to be annoying, nor is he pleasant...in fact, he doesn't seem to even bother that there is a living human being sitting beside him...
he was too busy looking blankly out from the window...
i know i might regret my next move...and badly i did...
i asked him,
"hi my name is JULIET...what's yours?"
like an eagle's glare at his next lunch...his piercing eyes shot at me,causing me to just zip my mouth shut for the rest of the journey...

i promised to my dear frightened self to never ever talk to him again...that also applies to guys of his kind...

anyways...now that i have arrived at my destination...there's no need for me to keep this enmity to this person...i believe that a clean and forgiving heart are always the happiest...

when i drop off right in front of the building...he went out too...
i can't help myself from thinking that he might be stalking me...
and perhaps later kidnap me and demand father ransom money in order to retrieve me back safely...
what if he doesn't have enough money and i am later slaughtered into 50 pieces and distribute every part to each state...
NO!
okay...perhaps i am exagerating a little...or a lot...well i cannot stop myself from being a drama queen, can i?

i calmed myself down...and pace myself to the door...he followed me in...
turns out all my dilly-dallying dreams are just a faux alarm that i created...
well...he is also a student there...he's sort of new here in the US...
so, he doesn't know much english...

despite all his appearance and all...he seemed to be a sweet guy...
nice and all...
contrary of how he is in the bus...
he seemed to be quite eloquent and friendly in his own ways...
he's french by the way...
and so, we became quite friendly together since i can speak french(thanks ma! the class is really much help now that i see it)
but one thing that excites me the most is ...because his father is an italian...his name is very,very italian-like...
can you guess what it is?
well...it is the name that goes perfectly with mine...

OUI!
(yes!)

the name that he carries is ROMEO...
now tell me...how many people in this world bears the name...believe me...the numbers are quite diminishing, despite the infidelity of the world towards the magnificent love story...

and to meet me...JULIET...in an ambience where we are strictly learning shakespeare's masterpieces...it's like as if...fate had somehow written it especially for us...match-made in heaven?

well it seems that it is all in my mind...or is it?

everyday...in the bus...we would be in the same seat as how it has been the first time...
except that now, we would be talking...
literature strictly...
"like how he agrees on why titania should be punished because of her ego..."
"how prospero was so cool having ariel under his command..."
"and also about his grief on why romeo killed himself when he found out about JULIET's "death"..."

the last one surprised me...as when he said it...he suddenly stopped and our eyes we're intertwined into a deep gaze...after a while he shook the trance away and calmly said that if it was him...he would at least live life  and not just let JULIET's "death" to waste...
he thinks that if he had thought differently...he might even get back his JULIET as she is not even dead in reality...just in a really deep slumber, thanks to the drug...

every word that he said somehow..makes me think that he might be realting this to us...
unfortunately it did not last...
after all the days that we spent together...
you broke my heart...
my heart went to shatter like a mirror breaking into a million pieces...

on that one thursday...how unlucky of me to look out from the class window when i shouldn't have...
if ONLY i can turn back time...
i saw you and KATHERINA...kissing at the park behind the building...
witnessed by the crimson and golden sunset...
how romantic, how stupid of me not to see that...
being an egoist and also a good friend...
i'm not going to say a thing and let that be his secret for me to keep...

years past by,
i didn't say i stopped hoping from that day...
i'm still waiting for my ROMEO,doesn't matter who or where you are...
tomorrow,tomorrow,tomorrow..
i would forever be true...
as constant as the northern star...
cause eventhough THIS JULIET would have to wait her whole life for her ROMEO to wake up from his sleep...
I AM willing to wait...




No comments:

Post a Comment